Foundation Funding for U.S. Democracy is a data visualization platform featuring tens of thousands of grants, available to anyone interested in understanding philanthropy's role in U.S. democracy
- Foundation Funding for Local Journalism
- Foundations and Redistricting
- Foundations and Immigration
- Foundation Funding for Government Accountability
- How Can Philanthropy Support an Accurate Census?
- Philanthropy for Young Voter Turnout
- Filter Democracy Grants by More Subject Areas
- How Easy Should Voting Be?
- Foundation Support for U.S. Democracy by Category
- How is Philanthropy Engaging with Legislatures?
- Who’s Financing the Campaign Finance Conversation?
- How Foundations Get Out the Vote
Andrew Carnegie had a vision of America as a vibrant democracy that is continually strengthened by new knowledge and increased access to learning. Candid (formerly Foundation Center), a long-time Carnegie Corporation grantee, has an innovative new tool that contributes to realizing this ideal, helping to advance the progress of our society through the work of philanthropy and those who partner with efforts to uplift our nation and the lives of all its citizens.
As both a grantseeker and an organization dedicated to improving media and democracy, it is important for us to stay on top of what’s happening in this space. This tool makes the task much easier.
Within minutes of logging into the new tool, we were able to identify new funders and explore their grantmaking priorities. We also discovered new peer organizations with whom we hope to collaborate.
This is a significant new tool. As a funder, whether you’re already committed to strengthening U.S. democracy or wondering if you can make a difference, this mapping of the landscape shows where needs and goals align. We hope others will join us — both to make the tool more complete and to use it together to build a more vibrant civil society.
Candid (formerly Foundation Center) is proud to serve as a partner for a resource that facilitates knowledge sharing, communicates philanthropy’s reach and impact, and uncovers opportunities for collaboration. In this way, we are going far beyond building tools — we’re building connections.